Chicago Deanery releases 2019 Sunday Lenten Vesper schedule
CHICAGO, IL [MW Diocese Communications] — The Diocese of the Midwest’s Chicago Deanery recently released its schedule of Sunday evening Lenten Vesper services for 2019.
Weekly homilies by deanery clergy will highlight the prophecies of Christ in the Old Testament. All services begin at 6:00 p.m. and are followed by fellowship and refreshments. The public is invited to attend.
- March 24, Eve of the Annunciation, at the Protection of the Virgin Mary Church, 8600 Grand Boulevard, Merrillville, IN. Priest John Segvich will preach on “The Three Youths in the Furnace.”
- March 31, Sunday of the Holy Cross, at Archangel Michael Church, 8301 South LeClaire Avenue, Burbank, IL. Deacon Mark Roosien will deliver the homily on “The Exodus.”
- April 7, Sunday of Saint John Climacus, at Holy Resurrection Church, 1449 North Quentin Road, Palatine, IL. Priest Jacob Van Sickle will preach on“Joseph in the Pit.”
- April 14, Sunday of Saint Mary of Egypt, at Saint Nicholas Church, 4313 18th Avenue, Kenosha, WI. Archpriest Elijah Mueller will deliver the homily on “Jonah and the Whale.”
- April 21, Palm Sunday, Bridegroom Matins at Holy Trinity Cathedral, 1121 North Leavitt Street, Chicago, IL. His Grace, Bishop Paul will preach on “Abraham and Isaac.”
For additional information please contact Archpriest Alexander Kuchta, Dean, at 847-516-6025.